Saturday, 4 June 2011

Monochrome Less is more challenge.



Hi,

I thought I'd be quick off the mark and make my entry to this weeks Less is More challenge before I start my housework!

This week's theme is Monochrome and I had a dreaded male card to do. I'm fine with flowers and frills but not so good with male cards.

So for my brother in law to be he has a birthday card made using For Father from Stampin Up. I liked the effect so made another 2 in different colours, the shades of brown is my favourite.

Thanks for all your lovely comments,
Claire x

36 comments:

Chrissie said...

What super cards, I'm sure that these will be very well received by some very lucky chaps!
Thanks so much for being so speedy!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

TAM said...

Fabulous cards - like you I like the brown best - it has a vintage sepia look about it.

My name is Wynneth said...

All your cards are fabulous Claire, that is a great image and I love the way you paired it with the great sentiment. I think if I had to choose, I like the green one best.
hugs
wynneth
x

starcyl said...

All are lovely and I too like the brown the best.
Jenny x

Pauline said...

These are wonderful, such a fab image.

Sandra said...

Lovely cards and very suitable for a Male. Well done. I like the brown one best too.

Kathyk said...

Blimey, that was pretty quick for one ...... let alone the little display you've done! Fab combo's btw - I think I prefer the green one too!

Kathyk

Gibmiss said...

Hi
Fab card ....love it ...
Hugs
sylvie
xxxx

Suzilou said...

Love that image, looks fab in all the colours, don't think I can pick a favourite they are all great :)

Mandi said...

These are FAB
Love the simplicity
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Diane said...

Wonderful "male" cards...I struggle with them myself...these are great!

Loli said...

hello Claire, thank you for your comment.
Your stamp is fantastic, i love the colours for your men cards, good job.
Your others cards are so beautiful, good ideas.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca

Hazel said...

Lovely image, lovely sentiment, lovely card. Hazel x

nicky said...

great bunch of cards , think the green one is my fave or is it the blue lol.
Ok I ll go back and say love them as cant chose a fave now lol
Nicky

kelly said...

what a great stamp, would be fab for fathers day too! I like the green colour.
Kelly xx

Rita said...

Beautiful cards, but I love the sepia one the best. Hugs Rita xx

Sarn said...

They are all very nice indeed.

Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

Lynne said...

Brilliant man cards. I agree they`re not easy but you`ve nailed it with these.
Lynne xxx

Ang C said...

A fab set of cards

Zoe Tant said...

Great cards and well worth putting off the housework for. Zx

Susan said...

Claire, that a perfect stamp for a masculine card! I love the shades of brown...and you've done a marvelous job with these!

BTW...who makes that image?

My card is HERE

Carole Campanile said...

I love your cards Claire. You really made a wonderful masculine card(s). I fluff mine up too much, I may just have to case your fabulous creation.

TFS
Carole

Aileen said...

Lovely cards and great sentiment. Perfect male cards. x

Beryl K said...

Brilliant cards Claire, perfect man cards
Beryl x

coops said...

fabulous male cards claire.i love the image and the sentiment is fab :D

xx coops xx

Zoechaos said...

Smashing cards your BIL to be is sure to be pleased with his. XOXO Zoe

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards, great idea for a mans card!
Helen x

Diane Louise J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane Louise J said...

Second attempt :o), my spelling was bad in my previous comment, thats why I removed it. Anyway onto your cards.. they are all lovely, I really like the image and the sentiment you have used.
Diane x

Canonbury creations said...

These are brilliant love the different colours
Val x

Lisa A. said...

What wonderful, handsome cards...LOVE that image...great choice of colors...all very nice:)!!

Viv said...

Beautiful cards and sentiment and so ideal for men too, well done :O)M Viv xx

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous card, love the layout.

Sorry I have not been able to visit your blog for a while, there has been blogging issues and personal issues.

G Peplow said...

Great card, love the sentiment, a great chap's card, Gay xx

Dana said...

Great set of cards. I can't decide on which color I like best!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Brilliant! Male cards are so tricky aren't they, but these are perfect!