Sunday, 7 August 2011

Less is more #2


Morning,

Well I loved the challenge from Less is More - Use your colours of your countries flag- that I decided to use another Glasgow landmark.

This is a statue of the Duke of Wellington that is outside the Gallery of Modern Art.

The traffic cone has become a late addition to the statue and constantly is replaced- a sign of Glasgow's humour????

Latterly the listed statue has taken a bit of wear from the funny Wedgies (Glasgow folk) climbing on it to replace the cone. Hence the Polis (Policeman) booking someone- looks like the Duke himself.

If anything this could be sent to a fellowcot who has nmoved away and I'm sure it'd make them smile and reminise about theiir days in Sunny Scotland.

Thanks for all your lovely comments and to the lovely lady who helped me with the linking- I got it working :)
Clairexxx

17 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is another super fun card!
Thanks so much once more Claire.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Viv said...

Made me smile!! Great card!

Ang C said...

A fab card!

Nicki Tustin said...

I love that stamp, its fab

Suze Bain said...

These are a great set of stamps, hen! :o)

Mandi said...

Thanks for entering another super card Claire
We are learning such interesting facts this week
Wonderful!
Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Pauline said...

He he he, this made me chuckle, a fab fun card!

Maja said...

Such a fun image, great card.

lililindsay said...

Another great card from this lovely set. I have visited Glasgow many times (my son lives there) and I have never seen this statue without its cone!

Zoechaos said...

Brilliant! XOXO Zoe

lin_ka1 said...

great. It is hard to do something meaningful with such small means. You have succeeded. For me, great.

Sarpreet said...

Such a gorgeous card, beautiful image and colours.

coops said...

fantastic card claire.the image is stunning ;D

xx coops x

Beryl K said...

Another fabulous card
Beryl x

annies place said...

Love the story & great card, you're having a laugh with the sunshine, we're nearly drowned here on the east coast LOL
Ann x

Aileen said...

Brill set of humouress stamps. Love the sentiments too. Thanks for the smile. x

Lynne said...

Brilliant, gave me a chuckle.
Lynne xxx