Saturday, 6 August 2011

Less is More- Your conuntry's flag.


Hello.

Today I have used the blue from the Scotland flag for my card (Brilliant Blur from Stampin Up).

Not my favourite volour but I'm quite pleased with it.

The stamps are from damselfly crafts and the artist Libby Walker.

The story behind the stamp is in Glasgow's coat of arms.
There's the tree that never grew,
There's the bird that never flew,
There's the fish that never swam,
There's the bell that never rang.

I've had such a great week. My daughter got 5 grade A highers and is going back to school for her sixth year before hopefully going in to study medicine!!!! I am so proud.

Thanks for looking,
Claire xx

23 comments:

Chrissie said...

It's great to see the colours of the Saltire... super card, I was interested in reading the story too!
Many congratulations to your daughter... my son is a doctor, so I know how proud you must feel!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Ang C said...

A great card and congratulations to your daughter

Jan said...

Congratulations no wonder you are proud, your card is lovely xx Jan

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done. Great to see someone else from Scotland in the challenge. You can view my card here.
Maureen.......x

Mandi said...

What an interesting post Claire
Huge congrats to your daughter...how fabulous
Great card
Thank you so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

This is fab Claire, great stamps and never heard that rhyme before. Your daughter is one smart cookie. Many congratulations to her xx

Maribel said...

I love the card by its simplicity and the seal is beautiful.

Canonbury creations said...

Love the stamp and the rhyme, very unusual. Congrats on your daughter's achievements!
Val x

Deborah Frings said...

Love the bright blue of your card and the image is beautiful!

Many congratulations to your daughter - that's a fantastic acheivement!

StampingStace said...

Love the card Claire - I'm also from Glasgow & I know Annie who runs Damselfly, she is lovely. Glad their new range of stamps are so popular.
Stacex (48)

Sandra said...

Lovely card and congratulations to your daughter!
Sandra

GinaA said...

Very interesting post, great card.

Jane said...

Lovely image, thanks for explanation. Congrats to your daughter.

Maja said...

Great card and many congrats to your dauther.

Pauline said...

Fab card, lovely and CAS.

coops said...

gorgeous card claire.i love the image and blue ;D

xx coops xx

Zoechaos said...

Great great news about your daughter, love your card thank you for 'explaining' the stamp not heard it before will have to learn more now XOXO Zoe

Beryl K said...

Just brilliant, perfect for my other half
Beryl x

Lynne said...

Fabulous stamp and a great explanation too. Well done to your daughter. You have every right to be proud.
Lynne xxx

Anne said...

Interesting to read about the coat of arms and a lovely card. Congratulations to your daughter!
Anne
x

Aileen said...

Love your lamp and the story behind the coat of arms was very interesting. Well done to your daughter. x

annies place said...

Another great story, well done to your daughter, my nephew's just away to do medical research in September.
Ann x

veronica said...

lovely image, very elegant card - and you have a clever daughter!